Winter 2021 Season
Registration Now Open
inSPIRE Rock is excited to announce the second season of the Adult Bouldering League. This season will take place at the Cypress Gym, and is open to all climbers, from all gyms. Ages 16+ only. This league as a friendly, casual bouldering league focused on participation, improvement, and camaraderie with an element of competition.
Participation gets you a collectors t-shirt, exclusive access to league boulders Tue and Fri evenings and a finals party (inclusive of pizza and adult beverages).
Week 1: 3/30- 4/2
Week 2: 4/6-4/9
Week 3: 4/13-4/16
Week 4: 4/20-4/23
Week 5: 4/27-4/30
@ Cypress Gym
Tuesday and Friday 6pm – 9pm
(Exclusive access to league boulders. Can’t make league night, boulders may be climbed outside of league night Wednesday – Sunday)
- Create Kaya Account with username and Password
- Pay dues through a web browser on kaya: https://kaya-app.kayaclimb.
- Return to Kaya app to complete sign up for the challenge.
– You’ll be asked to create a team or join a team if a teammate has already signed up and created the team.
– If you don’t have a team, please sign up as a Free Agent and we’ll find a team for you.
Cost: $30 per person (Includes a league t-shirt)
Phone numbers and skill levels will need to be provided for all team members upon registration.
Self-assigned during registration in KAYA
On League Nights, competitors will meet in the appropriate bouldering area. Each league problem will be designated with a “League” tag letting you know it’s a part of the circuit. KAYA will score people on their top 3 ascents.
- Climbers must assemble a team of 3-5 participants.
- Participants must be 16+
- All scorekeeping and logging will be done within the KAYA app.
- Points are awarded based on KAYA’s handicap system (registered max grade).
- EX: If a climber has a V5 handicap, they will receive 100 points for a V5. If they have a V10 handicap, they will receive 100 points for a V10. Each grade deviation is +/- 10 points.
- inSPIRE Staff / KAYA has sandbag-detection that will help prevent people from being in the wrong handicap group.
- Each attempt after the flash go will result in a 1pt deduction. Competitors will record each flash, attempt, and send in real-time in KAYA.
- Climbers will be able to climb League Problems anytime between Tuesday and Sunday of the week they were set.
- League Nights will continue to be Tuesday and Friday where the area will be closed to other members for a VIP sending experience.
- A problem can only be counted once per person each week.
- Climbs “Expire” on Sunday of each week. Leaving them no longer available to collect points for.
- Individual Scores are comprised from the Top 3 Ascents. They will be displayed on the KAYA leaderboard in real-time.
- T-Shirts and Prizes will be awarded at the end of the season bash (date TBD).
Normal Bouldering Competition Rules Apply:
- Points are only earned by completing a problem from start to finish (two hand control of the finish holds).
- No “Flying starts.” You must show control of the start hold(s) before moving to the next hold.
- Every attempt must be from the start. You cannot work the problem from the middle.
- If you use a hold or feature that is “off-route,” no points will be earned.
- T-nuts in the wall and in volumes are off.
- In order to count, your attempts and sends must be witnessed by another individual (member, competitor, or gym staff). If no one is available as a witness, you can video record your send and upload it to Kaya.
- Be respectful of your fellow competitors and cheer each other on!
- Be respectful of your fellow competitors and cheer each other on.
Teams must be coed and consist of 3-5 boulderers of varying skill levels. A maximum of 12 teams will be accepted to the league per season. All team sign-ups are first-come, first serve, so act fast!
The front desk will be taking names and information for members of the community that are interested in joining but may be without a team. inSPIRE will use this list as a potential wait list to create new teams or for existing teams to recruit from. Complete the form below, or send an email to the League Commissioner: [email protected].