Winter 2023 Season
Registration Now Open
Season 3 starts on January 17. This league at the Spring Gym is open to all climbers from all gyms age 16 years and older.
This is a casual league focused on camaraderie and improvement with an element of
competition. In short, it’s going to be the best season yet.
The cost is $35 a person. Participation gets you a collectors t-shirt, exclusive access to league boulders on Tuesday and Friday from 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM, a lot of new friends, and a party!
Week 1: 1/17, 1/20
Week 2: 1/24, 1/27
Week 3: 1/31, 2/03
Week 4: 2/7, 2/10
Week 5: 2/14, 2/17
@ Spring Gym
Tuesday and Friday 6pm – 8:30pm
(Exclusive access to league boulders. Can’t make league night, boulders may be climbed outside of league night Wednesday – Sunday)
- Create Kaya Account with username and Password.
- Return to the Kaya app. Log in and follow the inSPIRE Spring gym. From the main screen, click on the calendar (on right side). Then click on “Adult Bouldering League” and “Join Challenge ($35)”.
- Return to Kaya app to complete sign up for challenge. You’ll be asked to Create a team or join a team if a teammate has already signed up and created the team.
Cost: $35 per person (Includes a league t-shirt)
Phone numbers and skill levels will need to be provided for all team members upon registration.
Self-assigned during registration in KAYA
On League Nights, competitors will meet in the appropriate bouldering area. Each league problem will be designated with a “League” tag letting you know it’s a part of the circuit. KAYA will score people on their top 3 ascents.
TEAMS & FLYING SOLO
Teams must be coed and consist of 3-5 boulderers. Since all scoring is based on your skill level, anyone can participate. A maximum of 15 teams will be accepted to season 3 so act fast. All team sign-ups are first come, first serve.
Don’t have a team? Not a problem – just sign up and we will place you on a team with other flying solo boulderers.
- Climbers must assemble a team of 3-5 participants.
- Participants must be 16+
- All scorekeeping and logging will be done within the KAYA app.
- Points are awarded based on KAYA’s handicap system (registered max grade).
- EX: If a climber has a V5 handicap, they will receive 100 points for a V5. If they have a V10 handicap, they will receive 100 points for a V10. Each grade deviation is +/- 10 points.
- inSPIRE Staff / KAYA has sandbag-detection that will help prevent people from being in the wrong handicap group.
- Each attempt after the flash go will result in a 1pt deduction. Competitors will record each flash, attempt, and send in real-time in KAYA.
- Climbers will be able to climb League Problems anytime between Tuesday and Sunday of the week they were set.
- League Nights will continue to be Tuesday and Friday where the area will be closed to other members for a VIP sending experience.
- A problem can only be counted once per person each week.
- Climbs “Expire” on Sunday of each week. Leaving them no longer available to collect points for.
- Individual Scores are comprised from the Top 3 Ascents. They will be displayed on the KAYA leaderboard in real-time.
- T-Shirts and Prizes will be awarded at the end of the season bash (date TBD).
NORMAL BOULDERING COMPETITION RULES APPLY
- Points are only earned by completing a problem from start to finish (two hand control of the finish holds).
- No “Flying starts.” You must show control of the start hold(s) before moving to the next hold.
- Every attempt must be from the start. You cannot work the problem from the middle.
- If you use a hold or feature that is “off-route,” no points will be earned.
- T-nuts in the wall and in volumes are off.
- In order to count, your attempts and sends must be witnessed by another individual (member, competitor, or gym staff). If no one is available as a witness, you can video record your send and upload it to Kaya.
- Be respectful of your fellow competitors and cheer each other on!
- Be respectful of your fellow competitors and cheer each other on.